Sat, Apr 29|
Inaugural Jeep Beach BBQ Showdown
Time & Location
Apr 29, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Daytona Beach, 1801 W International Speedway Blvd, Daytona Beach, FL 32114, USA
About the event
Signup to compete in the Inaugural Jeep Beach BBQ Showdown April 28th - 29th, 2023. Teams will set up in the Driver's / Owner's Lot camping spots in the middle of Daytona International Speedway. There will be over 70,000 spectators walking by during the two-day event.
The $300 entry fee includes a camping spot with hookups, Jealous Devil lump charcoal, and all meats provided by Bull and Boar Barbecue Shop.
This event is a FUN COOK and not a sanctioned event. Therefore, standard BBQ competition rules will not always apply. This year's event aims to raise money for the Jeep Beach charities not to qualify for Memphis in May!
There will be a $5,000 prize fund for the BBQ Showdown event on Saturday. No team will walk away empty-handed, even if not placed in the money spots.
If you are attending Jeep Beach and want to compete, but can't bring a smoker, please contact us.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions in the meantime.
Arrival / Departure Information
Arrive: Thursday, April 27th, 9 AM - 5 PM
Depart: Sunday, April 30th, by 10 AM
Teams will enter through Gate 40 off of Williamson Blvd. There you will recieve your BBQ Showdown credentials and extra passes. You will also be given your assigned setup space. ( The list of teams have been submitted to Jeep Beach, they have determined the space assignments)
Thursday Night Team PotLuck
There will be a potluck dinner Thursday evening amongst the teams. If interested in participating, bring a dish to share with the others. Note: VIP Jeep Beach campers can access the BBQ Teams area. During the potluck dinner on Thursday night, we ask that you put out a donation jar for any VIP campers that may ask to taste the food. The donations will go back to Jeep Beach. There is no obligation to cook for VIP campers.
Meat will be handed out to teams on Thursday as you arrive and get set up. Jeep Beach will need the onsite refrigeration space for the Main Event food vendors starting Friday morning. As much as we love you all, please plan to bring or purchase ice from outside the speedway. We can't provide ice for all the teams.
Friday at 11 AM - Meeting is MANDATORY
Meeting location will be at Bull and Boar tent in the BBQ Competition area.
Friday Competition (Non-Cash Prizes)
Those Florida Guys Steak & Chicken Wing Challenges
- Each team will pick two steaks
- Each team will be provided ten chicken wings
- The teams will be required to use only Those Florida Guys rubs in each challenge (teams choose which of The Florida Guys rubs they want to use and will be provided)
- Turn-in times: Chicken wings - 1:30 PM | Steak - 3:30 PM
- Turn-in boxes (9x9) will be provided to each team for each category
- No garnish in boxes
- Both the steak and chicken turn-in boxes will be required to have 6 items (6 slices of steak, 6 chicken wings)
1st Place Steak - PKGO Grill
1st Place Chicken - Traeger Ranger Grill
2nd & 3rd prizes will be announced at the Cooks Meeting
Saturday Competition (Cash Prizes)
Inaugural Jeep Beach BBQ Showdown
- Each team will cook a pork loin and a whole chicken (1 whole pork loin and 2 whole chickens will be provided)
- The pork and chicken boxes will be turned in and judged on presentation, taste, and tenderness.
- Scoring will be weighted evenly on each category
- You may sauce the products | No pooling of sauce or sauce on the side allowed
- Turn-in times Chicken - 10:30 AM | Pork - 11:00 AM
- Turn-in boxes (9x9) will be provided for each category
- Turn-in boxes will be required to have 6 items for both pork and chicken
- Garnish is optional (kale, parsley, cilantro, or green leafy lettuce are acceptable)
- Teams will need to provide own garnish
- Awards begin at 12:30 PM
Jeep Beach BBQ Showdown Prize List
Grand Champion - $1000 + 55 Gallon Drum Smoker (Ugly Drum Smokers Florida)
Reserve Champion - $700 + 30 Gallon Drum Smoker (Ugly Drum Smokers Florida)
Pork (Places 1st -15th)
Chicken (Places 1st - 15th)
BBQ Competition Team
Ticket includes a camping spot with hookups, lump charcoal provided by Jealous Devil, and all meats provided by Bull and Boar Barbecue Shop.